Part-time Borough Manager
Langhorne Manor Borough Manager Job Description
Langhorne Manor Borough (LMB) consists of 0.6 square miles and is home to approximately 1,500 residents who live in single-family homes, subdivided properties, apartments, Cairn University dormitories, and the Langhorne Gardens Rehabilitation Center (a non-profit multi-service health management and advocacy organization/facility). It is a predominately residential municipality with no commercial district. LMB is seeking the position of a part-time Borough Manager whose specific duties and responsibilities shall be determined by Council. The Borough Manager is appointed by a 7-member council and assists in the administration of the Borough and is responsible to the President of Borough Council.
Functions and Responsibilities:
The Borough Manager supervises the day-to-day operations of Langhorne Manor Borough and performs the following duties:
- Supervise the enforcement of Borough laws, codes and ordinances.
- Carry out policies and directives of Borough Council.
- Work with Borough budget committee in the development of annual budget.
- Develop and implement capital improvement programs for Council approval; execute the budget and capital improvement plan upon adoption.
- Ensure the provisions of all franchises, leases and permits granted by the Borough are met.
- Review current ordinances for conflicts and outdated information and present alternatives or options to Council.
- Review and update fee schedules for review and approval by Council.
- Work closely with Borough Code Inspectors in order to make real-time decisions and ensure adherence to Borough protocols.
- Work closely with zoning and planning committees to ensure continuity between committees and ensure committee directives are enforced.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts and agreement terms with vendors and contractors providing services for Council approval and ensure proper execution of contracted work.
- Resolve issues with invoices from contracted vendors and contractors.
- Assist Council to improve the infrastructure of the Borough by evaluating all borough owned green space, rights-of-way, roadways, storm water management systems, utilities, traffic signaling and signage.
- Develop and submit to Council a monthly Borough Manager’s report. Attend council meetings as required.
- Assist in developing electronic (paper-free) processes for online applications and issuance of permits and other Borough forms and/or requests.
- Assist in the development of an effective electronic and paper filing system.
- Respond to and investigate complaints and concerns and assist in the disposition of complaints and concerns including Right-To-Know requests.
- Support the Borough in emergency response situations.
- Research and collect data and information about specific topics as needed and assist Council in accessing grant opportunities.
- All other duties as assigned. Duties subject to change upon the majority vote of Council.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of local/municipal government. The candidate will have strong communication, administrative, organizational and financial skills. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with 2 years’ municipal governmental experience.
Interviews for LMB Borough Manager will be held during the November 10th Council Meeting.
The Application Process for this open position has now closed.